Wednesday, March 18, 2015

18 March 2015 - The Engine is in! (Cape Town Cafe Racer)

It's been almost a month since my last update!

The big news is that the engine is finally back in the bike where it belongs! In fact maybe even more exciting news is that the missing washer has been found! It was in the sump as we suspected - after we wrongly suspected (read "hoped") it was in the timing chain/sprocket chamber.

We've done quite a bit of work on the engine since we got it back from vapour blasting - we removed and cleaned the heads, replaced all the gaskets and o-rings, replaced the oil filter, replaced the head covers with peanut covers. Oil pressure sensor has been replaced. Sump removed and cleaned.

The missing washer and the engine being worked on

We also got our Ultrabatt last week! I can't believe how small it is compared to the original battery. Oscar's busy making a sexy bracket for it. 

Old vs. New

We've done a hell of a lot over the last few weeks, but I'm too tired to think/write about it so I'm just going to post some pics. If I'm feeling a bit more energetic later I'll add some more. 


Engine Before
Engine After (top cover missing)



Here's a photo of us with our helmets. I sent my gigantic one back - I'm going to get a Transformer helmet instead:


Human bobblehead

Please drop us a line if you have an questions, comments or suggestions for our Cape Town cafe racer conversion.

Cheers

Sean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment